NORAH JONES/LIVE FROM AUSTIN, TX 180g 2LP

What a ride it’s been for Norah Jones since that night in March 2002, when she revealed her rich, seductive tones performing in a cramped room above an Indian restaurant in downtown Austin at a South by Southwest showcase. A few months later she recorded her first Austin City Limitsr. Now, after five years, many millions of CDs sold, a shelf full of Grammyr awards, and worldwide acclaim, Norah returns to ACL as one of the most successful and respected recording artists of the decade. This performance from June 14, 2007, includes some of those now classics that captivated an audience longing for heartfelt music. It also highlights her growth as a serious songwriter on her third album, Not Too Late.

One thing that hasn’t changed is her passion for all kinds of musical styles, which probably has a lot to do with growing up in Texas and now living in the heart of New York City. Touches of smoky jazz, country twang, Memphis soul and old-fashioned Tin Pan Alley permeate her original songs as well as her choice of other songwriters’ material.

Listening to her on the ACL stage is the next best thing to having her sitting at a piano in your living room. She and her longtime band mates venture into some new musical territory, but at the center of it all is that voice, that voice that has touched millions around the world.

This stunning 4-sided, 180 Gram Vinyl is the first LP release in the LIVE FROM AUSTIN, TX series.

Musicians:
Norah Jones & The Handsome Band:
Norah Jones, vocals, piano, guitar
Lee Alexander, bass, guitar, lap steel
Andrew Borger, drums, percussion, marimba
Adam Levy, guitar, banjo, vocals
Daru Oda, alto flute, bass, harmonium, percussion, piano, vocals

With Special Guests:
M. Ward, guitar, vocals
J. Walter Hawkes, trombone

Selections:
1. Come Away with Me