顯示結果從 1 到 7 共計 7 條
    註冊日期
    2008-01-29
    文章
    Thanks

預設 Opinion on B&W Signature Diamond please!

First, I am located in Los Angeles, I can read, but not type Mandarin on my computer, so I can only use English to post my thread. This is my first post.

I am currently using Dynaudio C1s, I was looking to upgrade to floor standing speakers. I got a opportunity to buy a pair of B&W Signature Diamond from out of state at a very attractive price, I am tempted, but could not audition them. I am not sure if the Signature Diamond, which is a small two way not unlike my C1, would provide worthwhile upgrade over the C1. I remember there was a pair of Signature Diamond listed for sale at MY-HIEND, I would like to seek opinion from those who have auditioned this speaker. Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

註冊日期
    2007-05-03
    文章
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,848 Times in 9,310 Posts

預設

you mean 40th signature, it depends on what kind of sound you like. They are quite different in look and sound.

註冊日期
    2008-01-29
    文章
    Thanks

預設

Yes, the 4oth Signature. I do not think most audiophiles like its appearance, however, I think it may fit my modern furnishing quite well, except that it maybe a bit small and short than my ideal.

I listen to all kind of music, in particular, classical music---especially smaller scale chamber music----iis my favorite. Re my system, it consists of Linn Klimax Kontrol II preamp, Linn Klimax Chakra Twin amp, Orpheus Zero transport, Orpheus One SE DAC, and Dynaudio C1.

註冊日期
    2007-05-03
    文章
    Thanks

預設

The appearance of 40th is very suitable for your room, but about the sound, I don't think there is a big difference when you change to 40th.

Have you ever listen to B&W before?

註冊日期
    2008-01-29
    文章
    Thanks

預設

Yes, I had a pair of B&W N805s, and I thought their tweeters were too hot for my taste. I listened to the 800D in shows and like them, but I have never had the chance to audition the Signature Diamond.

註冊日期
    2007-05-03
    文章
    Thanks

預設

Ok, I think that will be fine for you changing to 40th now if you could get a good price.
    The reason is 40th is easier to be drived than 800D, and since that you like diamond tweeter.

註冊日期
    2008-01-29
    文章
    Thanks

預設

Thanks for your input!! I will give it some more thoughts.

發文規則

• 不可以發表新主題
  • 不可以發表回覆
  • 不可以上傳附件
  • 不可以編輯自己的文章
  •