Dear family and friends,

Twenty years ago, Cisco Music started importing audiophile reissues from King and Three Blind Mice. Those were exciting times. The market rapidly expanded and other companies began issuing their own heavy vinyl releases.

In 1992 we began making our own heavy vinyl records. We took little steps with independent releases like Mozart's Haffner Symphony and Clair Marlo's Sheffield Lab classic Let It Go. Then came reissues for Vanguard, EMI, Universal and Sony/BMG. Our hands-on work ethic and deliberate attention to detail with artwork, mastering and production let us enjoy first-hand working on every one of these recordings. They all hold a special place in our musical hearts. Like any family that works together, we sometimes disagreed and argued; other times we laughed and kept close.

We sold quite a few records, too. 2004-2007 were four of the best sales years we have ever had, capped by the unheralded success of the Steely Dan LP Aja. Through kind attention from the audiophile press here and abroad plus word-of-mouth from consumers and our wholesalers, Cisco Music has come to be known as the source for the finest quality records in the world. We've gone from learning how to make great LPs to reaching the pinnacle of quality audiophile analog and digital product. No matter the size or austerity of a project, we invested all the passion, energy and resources at our disposal on each and every one.

The ultimate winner -- and the focus of all our efforts -- has always been the music loving consumer, the discriminating listener who knew great music and amazing sound and wasn't afraid to make an investment in them. We owe everything we have ever accomplished to the support of these bastions of good taste.

Due to a recent and severe downturn in the Japanese music industry, our owners, Cisco International Corp., has been forced to downsize their operations to remain profitable. Most of the famous Cisco Record Shops were closed. Offices (like the one in New York City) were boarded up. As part of these cuts, the otherwise profitable audiophile and production divisions have been slowly eliminated. First, the mastermind to our success Robert "Mr. Record" Pincus and our warehouse manager John Palomo were let go. Then our eagle eye production manager Shelley Danta was released. As soon as production on Famous Blue Raincoat 45-rpm and Gold CD is complete Robert Sliger will move on also.

The Famous Blue Raincoat product will be handled by Box Star Records. All preorders will be sold by and shipped by Box Star according to pricing set by us already. Please contact them with any questions regarding your orders after April 30th. The 45 rpm is tentatively scheduled to ship by late April or early May. The Gold CD is tentatively set for late May or early June. You may contact Box Star Records at:

BoxStar Records
1030 Mission Ridge Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
[email protected]

We will be offering our entire remaining inventory of LPs, CDs, Gold CDs and SACDs on a first-come-first-served basis....

It is with great sadness that I leave a favorite part of my business behind and release staffs that have shown such fervor, dedication and high standards of quality for the last decade. I will also miss interaction with vendors, distributors, wholesalers and consumers whose love of what we did made coming to work every day a rewarding experience. I hope to cross paths with many of you in the near future. It has been a blessing to know and work with you all and I wish you every possible success in our turbulent industry well into your future.

Best regards always,

Abey Fonn
President
Cisco Music, Inc.

原廠網站:www.ciscomusic.com