註冊日期
    2007-05-03
    文章
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,844 Times in 9,306 Posts

預設 2009年新加坡國際視聽器材展實況報導

感謝bean的提供

Hi,

Here is what I saw at ISSE09 today. Hope you like it. Do add you feeling on this year ISSE show.

I mail ordered the ISSE09 ticket together with a subscription to the S&S Journal. Hence I am offered to "VIP ticket" for 4 seminars. I also received the LPCD demo disk (you get LPCD if you buy a 2-day ticket at $20. If not you get a normal demo CD).

The people at the registration desk seem to be the same as the last few years.

I attented only 3 seminars and one concert. Here is the setup for the seminar at the 3rd floor.

The first talk I attended was the "yearly talk" by Mr Hugo!. He started by showing the different between LPCD demo CD and normal demo CD. Then he show the different between an original CD and a pirated version of the CD. Introduced the concept of CD making and some of his latest work. I like his talk.

Mr. Chu gave two talks. I attended the first one which was on appreciation on brass band music.

Here were some of the music he played during the talk. Well his talk made me realize that how poor my knowledge on music is. Worth my time.

The third seminar I attented is by Mr K. Kiuchi. His talk was strange in a way... many left before the end of the talk. But I think it was time well spent for me.

Here are some of the system in the 3rd floor.

Soothing sound. Good imagining; but when playing back a piece of piano music the imagining is a giant piano. But this is an issue with the recording. Good system

I cannot remember how this sound... I think it is not playing when I was there

This system is powerful and with good mid range.

Wow FM ... I cannot remember which speaker this system was driving . Was busy with photo taking, going for seminar and listening to music. Need more practice to do all these next time

Reference audio has a big room this time. Great! The music is involving and with good attack on high notes.

A torus hiding behind the giant towers

This year has a big change toward using CDP and digital source. I remembered I only listen to one turn-table although there are a few on display. The DAC from Wesis was shown in this room. I missed the 192Khz/24bit HD audio recording playback demo as I was in another talks. sh*t

Audionote room. Solid and soothing. Can listen for a long time. The system passed the listening of Mr. K. Kiuchi.

This horn speaker is on display only.

I was fortunate to be around when stuffs from Audionote were removing and then putting back Harmonix footer for the two speakers to demo to a potential customer. A great different to the music with and without the footer. Poisonous accessories . I bought a set of ENACOM for speaker to play-play.

註冊日期
    2007-05-03
    文章
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,844 Times in 9,306 Posts

預設

Some discount items on 3rd floor for bargain hunters

A few HT systems on demo at third floor. My first experience with 3D TV. It is very nice; clear and entertaining. Need to wear those polarize glasses but the glasses are simple but comfortable.

Now to the 7th floor (only 2 floor. I hope more HiFi companies can join next year. I thanks those that joined this year )

AVP has several rooms. This is the room I liked most. I wanted to experience the power of German Physiks for sometime and I am not disappointed . Wonderful bass and super high note. Can turn the volume to very loud (floor shaking liao) yet still with well controlled music. Someone can walk around the room and does not affect my listen experience. I think due to poor room acoustic (no treatment done at all) I can hear that the bass is perhaps losing some micro details when played very loud. Very potential speaker. Saliva dripping liao. MUST control myself and don't make impulse decision

Another AVP room. Showing Verity speaker. Relaxing music. Good.

Move on to another room. A new version of the very high-gain speaker?

This room showing potential of 24bit 196Khz source. I am attracted to the room acoustic panels. I somehow think there is something strange about the music. Any echolofters want to say something about the music in this room?

Nice speaker this room has!

Audio Basic room

When I were in this room it was empty. I returned later and it was fully packed.

When I saw this speaker I think in my heart "wow you win liao"

Dynaudio played the music very softly. I overhead someone in the room talking about problem with the room and noise from other rooms.

Raindrop audio room. Comfortable and great music. I noticed the component that look like an EQ was still there (like last year).

This room is unique. They had some bookshelves speaker but they are not demo-ing them. Instead, they are showing music from a cheapo mini-combo. Initial I thought the music was from the bookshelves. They added a few tweaks and the cheapo system sounded very nice! I brought one of the tweaks; a small cone. Put one under each speaker (yes just one piece, and it is under) and one under the player and you are watching the movie "Transformer" in real time!

he room selling the LPCD and Hugo CD was always crowded.

A few rooms were selling CD. Not many LP this year...

There are some HT systems and Karaoke systems (not sure) in 7th floor. Now that goes back to 3rd floor for the concert!

Wow long queue to attend the concert. There were two shows back to back. The first show was almost full-house. I think the second show was less crowded.

The demo room has nice lighting. The lighting put a "make-up" on the system in the demo room. Note that due to the pinky lighting the people all look pinky. Some of the following pictures are post-processed to undo the un-pinky-ness

The man behind ISSE. Salute for his effort!

The boss of the recording company was presented.

A snapshot of the male singer. Cool look

A few snapshots of the female. Pretty? The last one with the passlabs.

Dual. Hey the man in front of me was making my photo-shooting impossible

Live singing with live piano playing. I was hoping they can sing unplugged but don't have.

A few more shots.

Lucky draw prizes for today

I was not one of the lucky winners

A small crowd gathered for the lucky draw. You don't have to be presented to claim the prize.

My "damage" from ISSE09. Support the singers that came down to ISSE so I brought their CDs. See the three small cones I mentioned above? The "When Alto was king" was selling for $18. This CD is hard to find now. Noticed the "Listen & Listen" CD? It is the HQ version and from the web I learn that it is very good. I think it is sold out in my places but surprised to saw it at the room selling Hugo CD room.

That's all. Hope you enjoy it

註冊日期
    2008-09-09
    文章
    Thanks

預設

謝謝小葉 help to mirror the little write up I did after the show. The original write up is put in Singapore Hifi site "echoloft". I hope the report can be of interest to you :).

註冊日期
    2007-05-05
    文章
    Thanks

預設

剛好那幾天在TELOS新加坡代理商展房幫忙.也抽時間去亂拍.幫忙補充一些照片

註冊日期
    2007-05-05
    文章
    Thanks

預設

註冊日期